If you had any doubts about the liberating nature of the nudist lifestyle, this Matthew Frost August 2011 Vice Editorial will reassure you! The spread features model Lauren Young playfully seducing readers with more than just her eyes. A fun and intriguing twist on the traditional barely-there shoot, Young is also featured alongside a senior-citizen counterpart whose naked self is not quite as alluring.
Moving from the swimming pool to the golf course and the tennis court, the editorial captures all of the freedom of summer both inside and outside the bedroom. Though stylist Annette Lamothe-Ramos didn't have much to work with, her edgy selections from American Apparel and Nixon contribute to the boundary-less nature of the shoot, which was shot at the Sunridge Nudist Resort.
Implications - The new wave of fashion shoots has emerged from the new generation's appreciation for diversity and individuality in style. The rise of edgy and avant-guarde publications like Vice, Frost and Love has coincided with this shift in fashion ideals.
The Matthew Frost August 2011 Vice Editorial Undresses the Country Club
1. Diverse Fashion - The rise of edgy and avant-garde publications like Vice, Frost and Love has coincided with the shift in fashion ideals towards diversity and individuality.
2. Nudist Lifestyle - The liberating nature of the nudist lifestyle is a feature that could be emphasized and incorporated into fashion shoots to create unique and boundary-pushing content.
3. Senior-citizen Models - Featuring senior-citizen models in fashion shoots, alongside younger models, could be a way to showcase the beauty of age and create a more inclusive fashion industry.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry could capitalize on the trend towards diversity and individuality and create groundbreaking, unconventional fashion shoots.
2. Lifestyle Industry - The nudist lifestyle could become an alternative lifestyle trend, particularly in the wellness and self-improvement sector.
3. Advertising Industry - The advertising industry could benefit from incorporating diverse models in their advertising campaigns, including senior citizens and people from different backgrounds.