The MagSafe mag charger was one of the beloved features of the MacBook to help prevent broken charging cords and ports, so the 'Snapnator' helps bring the technology back to the scene.
Campaigning now on Kickstarter, the 'Snapnator' is a magnetic power connector that can be used with all USB-C charging equipment. This means that it's compatible with the new MacBooks, but also with the Chromebook, the Google Pixel smartphone and other smartphone devices.
The 'Snapnator' mag charger operates easily by simply being implemented between the USB-C port and the charging cable itself. Although the design was made famous by Apple in its previous MacBook designs, the 'Snapnator' helps expand the technology's capabilities and brings it to other devices.
The 'Snapnator' Brings Back the Mag Charger Design to the MacBook
1. Magsafe Revival - The revival of advanced magnetic charging technology presents opportunities for manufacturers to create new and improved devices with a focus on durability and safety.
2. Magnetic Connector Expansion - Expanding the use of magnetic connectors beyond charging cords presents disruptive opportunities for a variety of industries including healthcare, transportation, and construction.
3. Universal Compatibility - The trend towards universal compatibility offers an opportunity for tech companies to design accessories, software, and gadgets that are compatible with a wider range of devices.
1. Consumer Electronics - Manufacturers of laptops, smartphones, and tablets can integrate magnetic connectors as a standard feature to enhance user experience and improve the lifespan of their products.
2. Healthcare - Magnetic connectors can be applied in healthcare devices such as prosthetics, pacemakers, and MRI machines, which can help reduce the risk of infection and increase patient comfort and safety.
3. Transportation - Vehicle manufacturers can utilize magnetic connectors for electric charging stations, which offer faster charging times and a safer charging process for electric cars.