In an effort to reach Hispanic consumers, Target recently rolled out a campaign called 'Lúcete A Tu Manera,' which loosely translates into the phrase 'Show off your way.' Featuring several Latin influencers and the catchy tune 'Soy Yo,' the ad demonstrates how retailers can create campaigns that will capture the attention of a more multicultural audience.
The Lúcete A Tu Manera campaign consisted of four 30-second ads focusing on Target's apparel and beauty products. The first three ads featured popular Latin influencers such as Carmen Carrera and Rita Moreno singing along to the tune Soy Yo. The final ad was a compilation of user-generated content featuring Target shoppers lip-syncing the same song while using wearing products purchased from the retailer. In order to make sure the ads reached the widest possible audience, the commercials were aired during the Billboard Latin Music Awards.
While the campaign was largely aimed at Hispanic consumers, the ads also sent a more broad message about diversity and self-expression. As Target's senior VP of marketing Rick Gomez explains, "Our guest is increasingly millennial and increasingly multicultural."
Target's 'Lúcete A Tu' Manera Campaign Targets Hispanic Consumers
1. Multicultural Targeting - By creating campaigns targeted towards multicultural audiences, brands can increase their reach and engagement.
2. Influencer Marketing - Partnering with popular influencers can boost brand awareness and credibility among specific cultural communities.
3. User-generated Content - Incorporating user-generated content into advertising campaigns can create a sense of community and authenticity around a brand.
1. Retail - By diversifying marketing strategies, retailers can tap into new markets and attract more customers.
2. Beauty - The beauty industry can benefit from creating multicultural campaigns that showcase a range of skin tones and hair types.
3. Music - Partnering with music events and featuring catchy tunes in ads can help brands reach wider and more diverse audiences.