'Queen Flakes' is the new Kellogg's cereal that celebrates the longest reign of any monarch in British history.
This September 9th, Queen Elizabeth II will officially have the longest reign in British history, surpassing her predecessor Queen Victoria, who reigned for 63 years and 216 days. To celebrate, cereal brand Kellogg's has created a special variety of cornflakes, which it says it will deliver to the queen for the anniversary of her record-breaking longest reign. The 'Queen Flakes' contain "the Queen’s favourite cereals - Special K and Corn Flakes - decorated in gold leaf, as well as edible diamonds, pearls and her preferred macadamia nuts."
Curious cereal lovers can sample the "world's poshest cereal" at Black Milk Cereal Cafe in Manchester.
This Cereal Celebrates Queen Elizabeth's Longest Reign
1. Celebrity Collaborations - Kellogg’s partnership with Queen Elizabeth II for 'Queen Flakes' highlights potential for other cereal brands to collaborate with public figures or celebrities.
2. Luxury Food & Beverage - Creating a limited edition line of fancy cereals, such as Kellogg's 'Queen Flakes,' could be a disruptive innovation opportunity for luxury food & beverage brands.
3. Personalization & Customization - Offering personalized cereal options to customers, including unique ingredients and packaging, could be the next step for cereal brands following the popularity of Kellogg's 'Queen Flakes.'
1. Food & Beverage - Kellogg's 'Queen Flakes' highlights the impact of limited edition releases and collaborations in the food & beverage industry.
2. Hospitality - Introducing exclusive cereal options, like Kellogg's 'Queen Flakes,' to hotel breakfast menus could be a disruptive innovation opportunity for the hospitality industry.
3. Packaging - The unique gold leaf packaging used for Kellogg's 'Queen Flakes' taps into the potential for innovative cereal packaging designs and materials in the packaging industry.