These ridiculous London Marathon outfits spotted last week prove some people will do anything for attentionâ€”even run 26.2 miles in drag or a giant, unwieldy costume.
Click through the gallery above to see the best of the worst London Marathon outfits. Although my favorite is the gentleman who dressed up as the Stig from 'Top Gear,' I have to give a special shout-out to the giant pink nurse. How did he/she see?
Implications - These outrageous marathon outfits are proof that exercise doesn't always have to be a daunting activity! The hilarious, attention-grabbing outfits spiced up the traditional marathon with humor and fun. Although I am not entirely sure how some of the runners managed to reach the finish line dressed in these over-the-top costumes, the idea brought a certain communal spirit to the marathon.
Athletes Turn London Marathon Into Sweaty Costume Parade
1. Outrageous Marathon Outfits - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in athletic apparel and costume design to create unique and attention-grabbing outfits for marathons.
2. Humor and Fun in Exercise - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in fitness and exercise programs that incorporate humor and fun elements to make physical activity more enjoyable.
3. Community-focused Marathons - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in event management and marketing to create marathons that prioritize community engagement and participation.
1. Athletic Apparel - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the athletic apparel industry to cater to the demand for unique and outrageous marathon outfits.
2. Fitness and Exercise Programs - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fitness and exercise industry to develop programs that incorporate humor and fun to attract a wider audience.
3. Event Management and Marketing - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the event management and marketing industry to create marathons that foster a sense of community and encourage participation through unique themes and experiences.