The newest addition to the Lille Metropole Museum of Modern Art is a perforated masterpiece. Designed by Manuelle Gautrand, this post-modern project encases brilliant works of art within a porous carapace.
As a clever solution to incorporate natural light into the interior space, the new Lille Metropole Museum lets the rays in subtly without damaging the artwork. The old 1983 brick structure has now been extended with these five labyrinth passageways, making this gallery a work of art unto itself.
The Lille Metropole Museum is a Sponge for Brilliant Art
1. Perforated Architecture - Opportunity for architects to innovate by creating perforated buildings that allow natural light while protecting artwork.
2. Functional Art Spaces - Demand for galleries that serve both as a functional art display and architectural masterpiece.
3. Porous Structures - Innovation in porous building materials and designs for museums and galleries.
1. Architecture - Disruptive innovation opportunities in designing and integrating new materials for functional museum and art spaces.
2. Art Galleries - Opportunity to create functional art spaces that integrate innovative designs.
3. Building Materials - Innovation in materials that offer porous, light-permeable qualities while still maintaining structural integrity.