Without any post-production work, artist Jason D. Page created fairy tale-like light paintings based in the forest. Using light as paint and the world as a canvas, Page created surreal photographs using long exposure techniques. Each photograph was planned out well in advance to create intricate light creatures and designs. Page used lights to draw in front of his camera in order to achieve fantastical pictures without the use of programs like Photoshop.
After accidentally discovering light painting by bumping into his camera during a long exposure shot, Page begun experimenting with the new medium. Page battled his fear of the dark and used flashlights and custom light sculptures to create his visual masterpieces. Eventually, Page's photographs evolved into complicated and detailed drawings using only light.
Jason Page's Photography Uses Photons to Create Intricate Works
1. Light Painting - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new techniques and tools for light painting to create unique and mesmerizing visual artworks.
2. Long Exposure Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design new camera technologies or software features that enhance long exposure photography processes and capabilities.
3. Post-production-free Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore ways to create complex and intricate visual artworks without relying on traditional post-production editing software.
1. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop photography equipment or accessories specifically designed for light painting and long exposure techniques.
2. Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create platforms or technologies that enable artists to produce stunning visual artworks without the need for post-production editing skills.
3. Creative Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Merge art and technology to develop interactive light painting tools or installations for immersive visual experiences.