When it comes to personalized DIY footwear, the Lasso Slippers are as simple as they come. Made by Gaspard Tiné-Berès, a design graduate from the Royal College of Art in London, the Lasso Slippers are shoes that have been made using only one piece of felt.
The felt, which is delivered flat-packed to customers, is die-cut from 5 mm-thick sheets of natural wool felt. Along with the felt, customers receive laces in the color of their choice; they just have to weave these laces around the piece of felt to create the shoe. As the designer puts it, the simple act of having to assemble the Lasso Slippers on their own increases the customer's "sense of ownership and emotional connection" toward the shoe. The colored laces also allow for a bit of personalization.
To get your own pair of Lasso Slippers, visit Tiné-Berès' dedicated site starting September to choose from 10 standard sizes.
The Lasso Slippers are Made Using a Single Piece of Felt
1. Personalized DIY Footwear - Creating shoes using a single piece of felt and weaving laces increases the customer's sense of ownership and emotional connection towards the product.
2. Minimal Material Design - The use of only one piece of felt showcases a minimalist approach to footwear design.
3. Flat-pack Delivery - Delivering the felt flat-packed allows for easy shipping and reduces packaging waste.
1. Footwear Manufacturing - Manufacturers can explore the use of minimal materials and DIY assembly to create unique and personalized footwear products.
2. Interior Design - Applying the concept of minimal material design to furniture and home decor can create sleek and modern products.
3. E-commerce - Implementing flat-pack delivery methods can streamline shipping processes and reduce packaging waste for online retailers.