The Shangri-La Kerry hotel in Shanghai created a fun and playful atmosphere in their lobby to break a Guinness World Record for a good cause.
On October 30th, the hotel hosted an event where they filled an 82 foot by 41 foot pool with millions of green and pink balls to raise awareness on breast cancer. While the pit itself already looked absolutely phenomenal, the day was also a true success, as 300 recovering cancer patients came together to enjoy the event.
To personalize the experience, each ball had a message written on it from people who attended. For example, one ball said, “no hungry children” as a wish that world hunger would end.
This event proved that even strangers can come together for an amazing cause and have an unforgettable experience.
The Largest Ball Pit in Shanghai was Created for a Good Cause
1. Interactive Events - Creating fun and engaging experiences that involve active participation is a disruptive innovation opportunity in the events industry.
2. Cause Marketing - Aligning brand promotions with social causes in a creative and impactful way presents disruptive innovation opportunities for marketing campaigns.
3. Personalized Messaging - Using personalized messages on products or experiences can enhance emotional connection and create memorable moments, offering disruptive innovation opportunities in various industries.
1. Hospitality - Hotels and resorts can create unique and memorable experiences for guests by hosting interactive events like record-breaking ball pits.
2. Nonprofit - Nonprofit organizations can use cause marketing strategies, such as Guinness World Record attempts, to raise awareness for important causes and engage supporters.
3. Advertising - The advertising industry can explore the use of personalized messaging on various platforms to create more impactful and memorable campaigns.