To make it easy for consumers to enjoy a globally inspired main or side dish, Trader Joe's assembled a convenient Korean salad kit. With a base of simple ingredients like cabbage, carrots and lettuce, Trader Joe's created a unique spin on a basic leafy green salad with Korean-inspired add-ins like black sesame seeds, crunchy puffed brown rice and a sweet-spicy gochujang vinaigrette to top it all off. This special dressing truly makes the Trader Joe’s Gochujang Chop Salad, as it reinvents a classic Korean chili paste condiment.
As ever, this Trader Joe's salad kit is triple-washed and ready to enjoy once it is put in a bowl with the accompanying dressing and optionally enhanced with one's choice of protein.
Trader Joe's Korean Salad Features a Sweet & Spicy Gochujang Vinaigrette
1. Asian-inspired Salad Kits - Food companies can innovate in the salad kit category by incorporating unique flavors and ingredients from different Asian cuisines.
2. Convenient Meal Components - There is an opportunity for food companies to innovate by providing consumers with pre-packaged, easy-to-assemble meal components that feature globally-inspired flavors.
3. Reinventing Traditional Condiments - Food companies can innovate by creating new salad dressings and condiments inspired by traditional global flavors and cuisines.
1. Food Retail - Retailers can cater to consumers looking for convenient meal solutions by offering pre-packaged salad kits and other globally-inspired meal components.
2. Food Manufacturing - Manufacturers can capitalize on trends in Asian-inspired flavors and pre-packaged meal components by developing new products and partnerships with food retailers.
3. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants can attract consumers looking for new and unique flavors by incorporating globally-inspired ingredients and dressings in their salads and other dishes.