The KitKat McFlurry was a beloved limited-edition item at McDonald's Japan that was first launched in 2007 and made regular appearances until 2013. Now, the fast-food establishment is releasing this highly beloved chocolate-and-biscuit pairing once again to delight its consumers. The hybrid will not only drive interest thanks to its mix of flavors and the popularity of both brands, but it will also create a hype since it hasn't been made available for so long.
The KitKat McFlurry will make another run across McDonald's branches in Japan from February 12th until early March and it will feature a co-branded cup. The two brands announced the release with a campaign and a commercial featuring Japanese idol Moe Kamikokuryo and actor Takayuki Hamatsu.
Image Credit: McDonald's Japan
McDonald's Brings Back Its KitKat McFlurry for a Limited Time
1. Limited-edition Collaborations - Opportunity to create buzz and drive interest by partnering with popular brands for exclusive releases.
2. Reviving Nostalgia - Opportunity to bring back beloved products from the past to tap into consumers' nostalgic sentiments.
3. Celebrity Endorsements - Opportunity to leverage the influence of celebrities to promote and create excitement around new product launches.
1. Fast Food - Opportunity for fast-food chains to collaborate with popular brands and create limited-edition menu items to attract and engage customers.
2. Confectionery - Opportunity for confectionery companies to partner with fast-food chains for exclusive collaborations and limited-time offerings to expand their customer base.
3. Advertising - Opportunity for advertising agencies to create campaigns featuring celebrities and endorsements to generate excitement and drive sales for brand collaborations.