Automotive enthusiasts have to be pleased by the Kia Proceed concept. Driving purists are known for loving sporty and elegant station wagons. Yet many automakers have turned away from them in favor of building crossovers as that's where the demand is. However, Europe still loves wagons, and that's where the Kia Proceed concept was designed and where it will debut.
The Kia Proceed concept will be shown at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. It's meant to preview a new vision for the 2019 Kia pro_cee'd, a two-door hatchback sold in Europe. Like the recently revealed Kia Stinger GT, it's not hard to imagine this concept getting a warm reception when it debuts. If the media and public fawn over the Kia Proceed concept it could very well be put into production sooner than later, although potentially as a European-only model as demand for wagons is still high there.
The Kia Proceed Concept Previews a Sporty and Mature Hatchback
1. Sporty Station Wagons - The trend of smaller car models that offer both sports performance and practicality points to opportunities for automakers to innovate in the station wagon market.
2. Revival of European Wagons - As European consumers continue to favor station wagons, there is potential for car manufacturers to capitalize on this trend and incorporate more design-focused and luxury features in their wagon models.
3. Crossover Vs. Wagon Markets - As crossover cars continue to increase in demand, there is potential for car manufacturers to tap into a currently underserved market with new designs for wagon models in order to cater to consumers who still prefer the functionality and style of a wagon over a crossover.
1. Automotive - Automakers can capitalize on the trend of producing sporty and elegant station wagons to meet changing consumer preferences and compete in the highly competitive automotive market.
2. Luxury Automotive - The revival of European wagons presents an opportunity for luxury automotive brands to design high-end wagon models that cater to the modern European consumer market, which values both comfort and practicality.
3. Design - The rise in popularity of station wagons and the comparison between crossover and wagon markets represents an opportunity for designers to explore new design aspects and features that can differentiate wagon models and increase their appeal to a wider range of consumers.