The Kayseri Ice Ring resembles the very substance it houses: ice. The facade and front pillars of the structure are white in hue, and look similar to frozen icicles hanging down from the roof.
The design was completed by Bahadir Kul Architects, who were quite creative when deciding on a motive for the rink. It's not often that the architecture resembles the inside of the building, but this is exactly what was done at this location in Turkey. The inside itself not only has a rink, but also an observation area and cafe allowing for visitors to observe and keep warm. The side of the building also has hints of color, with the windows being tinted with shades such as pink, green and blue for that extra bit of pizzazz.
Photo Credits: designboom, bahadirkul
The Kayseri Ice Ring Building in Turkey Mirrors its Contents
1. Ice-inspired Architecture - Using architectural designs that resemble frozen ice, such as the Kayseri Ice Ring, creates a visually striking and immersive experience for visitors.
2. Theme-based Architecture - Creating buildings that reflect the theme or purpose of the interior, like the ice ring in Turkey, adds an extra level of uniqueness and creativity to architectural designs.
3. Colorful Window Tinting - Incorporating colored window tints, such as pink, green, and blue, not only adds visual interest to buildings like the Kayseri Ice Ring, but also enhances the overall aesthetic.
1. Architecture - Architects and designers can explore ice-inspired designs as a way to create distinctive and memorable structures.
2. Tourism and Hospitality - Hotels, resorts, and tourist attractions can benefit from theme-based architecture that enhances the guest experience.
3. Window and Glass Industry - The use of colored window tints in architectural designs presents opportunities for the window and glass industry to offer unique and customized products.