JCPenney's 'Joy Worth Giving' marketing campaign, created for Black Friday, doesn't just offer deals, but it also encourages consumers to think about generosity more broadly (and even be generous themselves.) While the marketing campaign includes traditional Black Friday deals, it also offers consumers gift coupons and features a social campaign dedicated to acts of generosity.
One of the most notable aspects of the Joy Worth Giving campaign is JCPenney's gift giving. Rather than just offering discounts on products, Thanksgiving Day shoppers at JCPenney stores will receive festive envelopes containing coupons worth $10, $100, and $500. To highlight that giving from the company, Joy Worth Giving also includes a social media campaign under the tag #JoyWorthGiving. That campaign will feature videos of surprising acts of giving.
JCPenney's 'Joy Worth Giving' Campaign is All About Giving
1. Generosity-focused Marketing - Businesses can create marketing campaigns that encourage consumers to think of generosity, rather than just offering discounts.
2. Social Media Campaigns for Generosity - Creating viral social media campaigns focusing on acts of generosity can drive traffic to a brand's social media accounts.
3. Gift Coupons for Shoppers - Offering gift coupons and special offers on a variety of products can help drive holiday sales and increase customer loyalty.
1. Retail - The retail industry can capitalize on creating generosity-focused campaigns, featuring gift coupons to drive sales and increase customer loyalty.
2. Social Media - Social media industries can focus on promoting campaigns that encourage acts of generosity and drive traffic to brand pages.
3. Market Research - Market research industries can conduct studies on the impact of generosity-focused campaigns in driving customer engagement and sales for brands.