There are a number of things that might come to mind when taking in the branding for John & John Crisps. Although it has a strong nautical theme due to its anchor logo, the use of bold numbers points in the direction of perfumes (namely Chanel) while the additional imagery is exotic, which gives the impression of a well-traveled, well-cultured individual. The use of bright blocks of color simply adds a contemporary twist to the John & John Crisps packaging.
Made in Britain, the John & John Crisps branding does have a strong British appeal. Each design acts as "a bold interpretation that gives each variety a very distinctive identity and suitably characterises the more sophisticated and artisan flavours of the range," the folks at BP&O note.
John & John Crisps Boasts a Contemporary and Upscale Image
1. Sophisticated Branding - Incorporating bold and exotic imagery to create a contemporary and upscale image for products.
2. Nostalgic Nautical Theme - Modernizing traditional nautical themes to create unique and recognizable branding for products.
3. Sensory Interaction - Incorporating visuals and typography to create an tactile experience for consumers when interacting with the packaging of products.
1. Gourmet Chips - Artisanal chip brands can use sophisticated branding to create unique identities for their products to stand out in a competitive market.
2. Luxury Snacks - Exotic and contemporary branding can help establish luxury snack brands and appeal to a more affluent consumer base.
3. Designer Perfumes - Bold typography and use of numbers in branding can be incorporated in designer perfumes to create a contemporary and youthful aesthetic.