Hasbro's new Hero Vision Iron Man AR helmet gives wearers the chance to live out their Iron Man fantasies. The mask uses a smartphone mount to display a custom HUD meant to mimic the one seen in the Marvel films. The display projected on the screen is an action based game, partially based on the upcoming Infinity War movie and was developed with input from marvel Studios. In the game, players are tasked with fighting the villain Thanos by using gauntlet peripherals that come with the helmet.
The AR display is only one half of the game, as the true magic is unlocked when the helmet is paired with the Iron Man gauntlets. The gauntlet features red markings that allow the app to track hand movements and synchronizes them with the AR display. The Hero Vision Iron Man AR helmet currently accommodates various models of smartphones, but Hasbro has noted that larger phones may not fit in the mount.
Image Credit: Mike Sorrentino/CNET
Hasbro's Hero Vision Iron Man AR Helmet Lets Players Become the Iconic Hero
1. Augmented Reality Gaming - Opportunity to create immersive gaming experiences by incorporating augmented reality technology.
2. Interactive Accessories - Potential to develop gaming peripherals that enhance the gameplay experience through interactive features.
3. Movie Tie-in Gaming - Chance to create movie-themed games that allow fans to step into the shoes of their favorite heroes.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity for toy manufacturers to create AR-based products that merge physical play with digital experiences.
2. Mobile Technology - Opportunity for mobile device manufacturers and developers to create optimized hardware and software solutions for augmented reality gaming experiences.
3. Entertainment - Chance for entertainment companies to collaborate with gaming developers to create interactive experiences that tie in with popular movies and franchises.