In honor of Pride Month, Happy Socks, the sock brand renowned for its colorful and whimsical brand campaigns, is supporting the LGBTQ+ community with an unusual initiative. Rather than launching its usual large-scale campaign, the brand announced plans to donate its entire campaign budget to InterPride.
InterPride is an organization that promotes "lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex Pride; maximizing networking and communication among Pride Organizations; offering resources; empowering; and leveraging education." In addition to the brand donation, Happy Socks will launch a new Pride collection, featuring four rainbow-colored styles available in adult and kids’ sizes (as single pairs and in gift boxes). 10% of all, year-round profits from the Pride collection will also be donated to InterPride.
"We are extremely grateful to Happy Socks. Funding like this allows InterPride to expand its educational programming, advocacy work and be able to financially support much-needed work around the globe for the LGBTQI+ community," said Julian Sanjivan, one of the Co-Presidents at InterPride.
Image Credit: Happy Socks
Happy Socks Donated Its Entire Pride Campaign Budget to InterPride
1. Socially Responsible Donations - Businesses can explore opportunities to allocate their campaign budgets to support targeted communities, such as the LGBTQ+ community, to increase awareness and work towards achieving social objectives.
2. Cause-based Collections - Businesses can develop collections that align with their brand values and contribute a percentage of sales to related organizations as a year-round campaign to drive consciousness and support for targeted causes.
3. Targeted Donations - Businesses can research and identify specific organizations or communities to support through donations and empower them with resources to help achieve their objectives and work towards a better future.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can initiate campaigns and create collections that reflect their brand values and contribute a percentage of sales towards targeted causes to increase awareness, drive consciousness, and achieve social objectives.
2. Retail - Retail businesses can allocate their campaign budgets to support social objectives and targeted communities, which align with their brand values to bring a positive change and help achieve specific goals.
3. Non-profit - Non-profit organizations can collaborate with businesses and brands to mobilize campaigns and collections that align with shared goals, increasing impact, awareness and creating a positive change in communities around the globe.