Rainbow High is expanding its authentically diverse and inclusive doll line to include a doll with albinism, a very light skin tone, hair and eyelashes, as well as eyeglasses. The first fashion doll with albinism spotlights an inherited genetic condition that reduces the amount of melanin pigment formed in the skin, hair and/or eyes.
The inclusive doll collection also includes a character of South Asian Indian descent, complete with mendhi; a multicultural Asian doll who is proud to wear the fashions of her different backgrounds; and a doll with vitiligo.
The new dolls are coming to Rainbow High's first-ever exclusive, experiential event, the RH x SH Pop-Up, in Los Angeles, California, and it takes the form of an exclusive shopping event with three never-before-available dolls. With a limited ticket release, the exclusive event in May sold out in less than 10 minutes.
Rainbow High's Inclusive Doll Line Includes a Character with Albinism
1. Inclusive Doll Lines - There is a market opportunity for more inclusive doll lines that represent various medical conditions and ethnical backgrounds.
2. Genetic Condition Awareness - With more dolls featuring various genetic conditions, companies can leverage this trend to raise awareness and educate children and adults alike about these conditions.
3. Limited Releases - Limited releases for exclusive events like RH x SH Pop-Up create buzz and demand for products.
1. Toy Industry - The toy industry can continue to develop inclusive dolls with various medical conditions and ethnical backgrounds for children to play with.
2. Fashion Industry - There is an opportunity for the fashion industry to create more clothing and accessories that accommodate a wider range of physical and medical conditions.
3. Event Planning Industry - Companies in the event planning industry can leverage the trend of exclusive, limited release events to create memorable experiences and drive demand for products.