As part of its Travel Brilliantly campaign, Marriott Hotels asked people to submit ways they could change the future of travel and 21-year-old Anjana Kallarackal was named the winner with her concept for a healthy hotel vending machine.
Inspired by this idea, Marriott got to work with Farmer's Fridge, a Chicago-based startup. The Farmer's Fridge vending machines are designed to dispense nutritious meals for travelers like salad, yogurt and chicken-based dishes, since there are many travelers who find eating healthy on vacation or on the road to be a challenge. Food choices available through the healthy vending machine are changed on a daily basis, curated by Farmer's Fridge. The machine is being installed into the lobby of the Chicago Marriott O’Hare hotel and if it's successful, it will be introduced to additional locations.
Marriott & Farmer's Fridge Combine Fresh Food with Travel
1. Healthy Hotel Vending Machines - The trend of installing vending machines with nutritious meal options in hotels can disrupt the traditional snack vending machine industry.
2. Curated Daily Food Choices - The trend of offering curated daily food choices in vending machines can create opportunities for personalized nutrition solutions.
3. Meeting the Demand for Healthy Travel Food - The trend of providing healthy food options for travelers addresses the growing demand for nutritious meals on the go.
1. Hospitality Industry - The hospitality industry can embrace healthy vending machines to enhance the guest experience and differentiate themselves from competitors.
2. Vending Machine Industry - The vending machine industry can adapt to the demand for healthy options by diversifying their product offerings and focusing on nutritious meals.
3. Food and Beverage Industry - The food and beverage industry can partner with hotels and vending machine companies to develop and distribute healthy meal options for travelers.