Hot trends in 2009 and 2009 forecasts are on the top of everyone’s minds. Accordingly, Jeremy Gutsche was asked back to CBC Newsworld for the 3rd time to talk about his trends in 2009 forecast.
The featured trends were all part of Trend Hunter’s recent Top 20 Trends Forecast video and the 2009 Trend Reports.
In the CBC coverage, Jeremy Gutsche dives into credit crunch couture, a return to the kitchen, shockvertising 2.0, DIY, The Cottage Industry for Extra Cash, virtual tourism and more.
Jeremy Gutsche (TrendHunter.com) on CBC Newsworld
1. Credit Crunch Couture - The fashion industry has an opportunity to embrace alternative materials and production methods in response to economic challenges faced by consumers.
2. Kitchen Renaissance - The food industry can capitalize on the demand for cooking at home by offering simpler, healthier, and more creative options for consumers to experiment with.
3. Shockvertising 2.0 - Advertising agencies have the opportunity to push creative boundaries while staying authentic and inclusive through the use of culturally relevant and socially responsible shock tactics.
1. Fashion - Opportunities lie in designing garments using unconventional materials and production methods to create sustainable, affordable, and fashionable clothing options for consumers.
2. Food and Beverage - Industry players can innovate by offering simpler, healthier, and more creative options for consumers to cook and experiment with at home, fostering a renewed appreciation for the art of cooking and quality ingredients.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Creative agencies can embrace social consciousness, authenticity, and inclusivity in marketing campaigns that use culturally relevant, provocative, and socially responsible shock tactics to capture consumers' attention.