Root is a homey single bulb pendant light socket that is a great alternative to the raw industrial design often associated with such home decor. Warmer and more approachable, it lets people forego the traditional lampshade for a look that is more modern but not ruggedly hipster, which industrial designs tend to lean towards.
Designed by George Avgerinakis, a freelance graphic designer based in Greece, the homey single bulb pendant light socket is made out of 100% natural beech wood. Manufactured in low volume production from raw materials, they are customizable when it comes to their colorful cords, which come in 12 different fabrics. It is available in three finishes as well: beech, walnut and oak.
Root by George Avgerinakis is a Great Alternative to Industrial Designs
1. Warmer Lighting Design - The trend toward warmer, more approachable lighting design is disrupting the traditional industrial aesthetic.
2. Customizable Home Decor - The trend of customizable home decor is providing opportunities for consumers to personalize their lighting fixtures.
3. Natural Materials - The trend of using natural materials in lighting design is creating a more sustainable and eco-friendly approach to home decor.
1. Interior Design - The interior design industry is being impacted by the trend towards warmer lighting design and customizable home decor.
2. Home Furnishings - The home furnishings industry is experiencing disruption as consumers seek lighting fixtures made from natural materials and with customizable options.
3. Manufacturing - The manufacturing industry is adapting to the trend of low volume production and customizable features in lighting design.