Central City Coffee is a not-for-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon that employs homeless mothers. The establishment operates on a few ethical principles. For one, the products boast a valuable artisanal quality. Secondly, the company sources its beans with the sole intention of contributing to the economic growth of bean-producing countries. And thirdly, Central City Coffee gives ample opportunities for development and financial independence to homeless mothers and at-risk women. That is, the organization forms supportive communities for individuals through jobs that include roasting the coffee and selling it to the public.
Central City Coffee's beautiful and vibrant packaging has empowering connotations. Its coffees are the perfect stocking stuffers and the impact of the purchase goes beyond gift-giving.
Central City Coffee Gives Opportunities to Homeless Mothers
1. Artisanal Socially Responsible Products - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new artisanal, socially responsible products that contribute to a greater cause.
2. Supportive Employment for Marginalized Groups - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create businesses that offer employment opportunities and support for marginalized groups, such as homeless mothers.
3. Community-driven Social Enterprises - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Establish community-driven social enterprises that foster supportive communities and economic growth in marginalized areas.
1. Artisanal Food and Beverage - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Innovate within the artisanal food and beverage industry to create socially responsible products with positive impacts.
2. Social Enterprise and Non-profit - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative business models within the social enterprise and non-profit sector to empower marginalized individuals and communities.
3. Community Development and Employment Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create new solutions in community development and employment services to address the needs of marginalized groups and foster economic independence.