As America waits with bated breath for Hillary Clinton to announce her 2016 presidential bid (fingers crossed!), Brooklyn-based product design studio FCTRY got busy launching a Kickstarter campaign for a Hillary Clinton action figure. You might have heard of the company, or at least be familiar with some of its earlier products: it's the same studio that designed Obama's action figure in 2008.
According to the Kickstarter page, the alternative action figure is intended to "kick off some lighthearted excitement about [Clinton's] campaign and the amazingly cool prospect of America getting its first woman president." FCTRY's Jason Feinberg also notes that the figurine, which was designed by Mike Leavitt, is created to be a more positive role model for girls in comparison to the controversial Hillary Clinton nutcracker sold by Urban Outfitters.
For each person who contributes to the Kickstarter, the campaign will send a postcard with the words "Run, Hillary, Run," to Clinton's office.
The Hillary Clinton Action Figure Sends an Empowering Message to Girls
1. Political Action Figures - Creating action figures inspired by political figures could provide a new form of political merchandise and engagement.
2. Female Empowerment Products - Designing products that empower women, such as action figures modeled after influential female figures, presents an opportunity to tap into the growing demand for gender equality and representation.
3. Crowdfunding Campaigns for Political Causes - Using crowdfunding platforms to support political campaigns and initiatives can engage supporters and create a sense of community involvement.
1. Product Design - Developing unique and innovative product designs can drive consumer interest and create a competitive edge in the market.
2. Political Merchandise - The production and sale of merchandise related to political figures can be a lucrative industry with an opportunity to reach passionate supporters.
3. Crowdfunding - Leveraging crowdfunding platforms as a fundraising tool can provide a way for political campaigns and causes to gather financial support from a wide range of individuals.