Japanese streetwear giant BAPE worked alongside Chicago-based artist Hebru Brantley in dropping a series of streetwear staples. The collection boasts simplistic silhouettes fused with signature character motifs from both BAPE and Brantley's work -- there are the iconic BABY MILO and APE HEAD designs from the label, and Brantley's FLYBOY and LIL MOMMA characters. The graphic characters decorate the range of printed tees in a variety of designs.
The signature Shark hoodie by BAPE takes on a new iteration to incorporate FLYBOY's pilot goggles as a replacement of the standard eye design on the hood. The collaborative BAPE x Hebru Brantley collection is set to drop at BAPE's LA location with Brantley in attendance and online at Social Status on June 2nd, followed by a global launch a week after.
BAPE and Hebru Brantley Dropped a Collaborative Collection
1. Graphic Streetwear Collaborations - Collaborations between streetwear brands and artists around the world have become a trend for creating unique graphic designs and appealing to new audiences.
2. Merging Signature Characters in Streetwear - Streetwear brands are partnering with artists to merge their signature character designs to create new and exclusive collections that can attract a wider group of customers.
3. Limited Edition Streetwear Collections - Streetwear brands are releasing limited edition collections that merge artists’ designs, create hype, sell out fast, and keep customers engaged.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry has an opportunity to collaborate with artists and create limited edition streetwear collections that can translate into higher sales and engagement with customers.
2. Art - The art industry can explore collaborations with fashion companies to increase visibility of their brand, reach new audiences, and provide fresh commercial opportunities for artists.
3. Retail - Retail brands are tapping into the streetwear trend by partnering with artists and releasing limited edition collections, which provide opportunities for exclusivity and drive online/offline sales.