'Understood in Motion 02' was created as part of a collaboration between two experts in cider: Angry Orchard Hard Cider and E.Z. Orchards Cidre.
The cider was crafted to pay tribute to the traditions of cider-making, as well as experimental wild fermentation techniques used by both collaborators. As such, Understood in Motion 02 takes the from of a cider that is all at once dry, balanced and bittersweet, with notes of raw honey and oak intermingling with apple. Since Angry Orchard Hard Cider hails from New York and E.Z. Orchards Cidre from Oregon, apples from both the east and west coasts were incorporated into the product.
Previously, Angry Orchard Hard Cider collaborated with Eden Specialty Cider for the making of Understood in Motion 01 last year.
Angry Orchard's 'Understood in Motion 02' Hard Cider Has Notes of Honey and Oak
1. Craft Cider - Craft cider made with experimental fermentation techniques
2. East-west Collaboration - Collaboration between East and West Coast cider makers resulting in unique flavor profiles
3. Fruit-infused Alcohol - Alcoholic beverages infused with flavors of fruits and honey
1. Alcohol & Beverage - Opportunity for craft breweries and cider makers to create unique flavor profiles by collaborating with other makers and using experimental fermentation techniques
2. Food & Hospitality - Opportunity for chefs and bartenders to utilize fruit-infused alcohols in their menus as a unique and flavorful ingredient
3. Agriculture - Opportunity for farmers to grow a variety of apples suited for cider-making and collaborate with cider makers to create unique flavor profiles