Happy Meals aren't just for kids anymore, thanks to a collaboration between McDonald's and streetwear brand Cactus Plant Flea Market that introduces Happy Meals for adults. The nostalgic Happy Meals for grownups are reviving retro characters like Hamburglar, Grimace and Birdie, alongside all-new additions like Cactus Buddy. These characters can be found in the kid-like meals with a twist, since the familiar brand mascot figurines (and their new friend Cactus Buddy) each sport four eyes.
Adults have the option of ordering a Big Mac or 10-piece nugget set to go with the upgraded free toys.
To promote this new collaborative meal and the nostalgic collectible toys that go with it, McDonald's is leaning into pop culture references for the campaign to support this partnership.
McDonald's x Cactus Plant Flea Market Made Happy Meals for Adults
1. Nostalgia Marketing - Companies can create innovative marketing campaigns that tap into consumers' nostalgia to create a strong emotional connection between their brand and target audience.
2. Adultification of Classic Products - Brand collaborations can take classic products, such as Happy Meals targeted at children, and repackage them as products for adults to create a new market segment.
3. Limited Edition Collaborations - Limited edition collaborations between brands can generate buzz and excitement, driving foot traffic and sales for both parties involved.
1. Fast Food - Fast food chains can revamp their menu and marketing strategies to appeal to adult consumers, creating a new market segment for their products.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore collaborations with fast food chains to create unique and limited edition merchandise that taps into the current trend of nostalgic pop culture references.
3. Collectibles - The creation of collectible items, such as the limited edition toys included in the adult Happy Meals, can create a new revenue stream for companies while also driving traffic to their physical stores.