It’s always great to see a company using natural resources in its creative process, so it's great to hear about these handmade bowls from French company Best Before, made entirely from salt. Hand crafted with a chisel and hammer using materials from a Polish salt mine, each bowl is unique. Some bowls can even vary on color depending on the materials used in their creation.
The sodium bowls can be used for a number of different purposes. For example, the small ‘Nid’ bowl makes the perfect egg cup, and other designs from Best Before would make a beautiful display piece in a contemporary home. Just make sure nobody starts looking for the table salt!
Photo Credits: designboom, bestbefore.fr
These Handmade Bowls are Created Completely from Sodium
1. Salt-made Products - Opportunity for companies to explore using salt as a material for creating unique and eco-friendly products.
2. Natural Resource Crafting - Craftsmen can experiment with using natural resources in artistic ways to create functional and decorative objects.
3. Sustainability in Design - Designers can reduce their carbon footprint by exploring sustainable and unconventional materials, such as salt, to create their products.
1. Home Decor - Companies can take advantage of the unique aesthetic of salt-made products to create distinctive home decor items.
2. Art and Sculpture - Artists can experiment with salt as a medium for sculpting and creating other forms of art.
3. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants could offer unique dishware made from salt to enhance their dining experience and set themselves apart from competitors.