The GTi Surfboard is made for the surfer of the future. It has a sleek, sci-fi feel that will drop jaws on sandy beaches everywhere, especially the jaws of those who love the water sport. Unlike any surfboard on the market to date, the design of the GTi Surfboard was inspired by a car. The 208 GTi, RCZ R and Onyx Concept cars, to be exact.
Conceived by Peugeot Design Lab, the GTi Surfboard is set to debut at the 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed in the United Kingdom. Breaking tradition, the shape is based on a ‘coupe franche’ design theme. With two distinct looks on each end, the front is made out of natural wood to convey the idea of 'emotion' while the back integrates sculpted fish tails to signify 'motion.'
The GTi Surfboard by Peugeot Design Lab is Sleek and Futuristic
1. Futuristic Surfboard Design - The GTi Surfboard's sleek, sci-fi feel represents a trend towards futuristic surfboard designs.
2. Inspirations From Automotive Design - The GTi Surfboard's car-inspired design showcases a trend of incorporating automotive aesthetics into non-traditional products.
3. Dual-look Design - The GTi Surfboard's 'coupe franche' design showcases a trend of using dual-look design elements to convey different concepts.
1. Surfing Equipment - The GTi Surfboard represents an innovation opportunity for the surfing equipment industry to create futuristic designs inspired by other industries.
2. Automotive Design - The GTi Surfboard highlights an innovation opportunity for the automotive design industry to explore new applications for its aesthetics in non-traditional products.
3. Sporting Goods - The GTi Surfboard's unique design offers an innovation opportunity for the sporting goods industry to create visually striking and functional products.