The renowned Strychnin Gallery in Berlin is about to mount a show of photos by photographer Annie Bertram. “Wahre Märchen” opens on Friday, February 6th, at 6 PM with a reading by German author Christian von Aster and will contain photographs from Bertram’s book of the same name.
“Wahre Märchen” (“True Fairy Tales”) features modern versions of classic fairy tales as written by contemporary authors to accompany Annie Bertram’s hauntingly beautiful photographs. It was published in August 2008.
Famous for her unique style, the Gothic art scene can hardly do without Bertram: She has done artwork for albums by such popular bands as Blutengel, Scream Silence and Terminal Choice. Her work also appears regularly in national and international publications both as exclusive photo spreads and covers.
Germany's ‘Wahre Maerchen' Surreal Photo Exhibit
1. Surreal Photography Exhibits - Opportunity to showcase unique and creative photography with a surreal touch that tells a story.
2. Modernized Classic Fairy Tales - Opportunity for authors and artists to create new interpretations of classic tales, appealing to modern audiences.
3. Hauntingly Beautiful Aesthetic - Opportunity to create art that elicits a strong emotional response through a combination of beauty and dark elements.
1. Fine Art Photography - An industry that may benefit from incorporating surreal and haunting elements into their work to create unique and intriguing art pieces.
2. Publishing and Literature - An industry that may benefit from incorporating modernized versions of classic tales in collaboration with visual artists to provide readers with fresh content.
3. Album Artwork and Design - An industry that may benefit from incorporating Gothic and hauntingly beautiful designs in album artwork to attract fans and convey themes of the music.