Google and Snapchat have partnered for #MyFutureMe -- a contest for teenagers ages 13-18 which challenges participants to create a unique Snapchat lens.
In order to participate, teens must build a geofilter lens using a coding activity designed by 'Made with Code's' website. The contest states that the Snapchat lens should be designed with the future in mind, prompting each participant to create a lens which represents what the individual believes the future holds or represents. After completion of the design, participants must submit a 100-word entry describing the image, stating how or what must be done, both personally and collectively, to attain the future that was designed.
The contest winner will be flown to a TEDWomen conference the following month, where Google and Snapchat engineers will help develop the lens.
Google and Snapchat Have Partnered in the #MyFutureMe Contest
1. Teen Geofilter Design Contests - The rise in popularity of teen geofilter design contests opens up opportunities for companies to engage with younger generations and tap into their creativity.
2. Collaboration Between Social Media Platforms and Coding Education - The partnership between Google and Snapchat for the #MyFutureMe contest highlights the potential for collaboration between social media platforms and coding education organizations.
3. Future-focused Design Challenges - Design contests that prompt participants to envision and design for the future present opportunities for companies to foster innovation and gather new insights into emerging trends and perspectives.
1. Social Media - Social media companies can leverage teen geofilter design contests to engage younger audiences and provide a platform for creativity and self-expression.
2. Education - Educational organizations focused on teaching coding skills can collaborate with social media platforms to provide engaging and practical exercises for students.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising firms can use insights gained from future-focused design contests to inform their creative strategies and stay ahead of emerging trends and consumer preferences.