The launch of Good Morning Supergoop! coincided with the start of Skin Cancer Awareness Month and the first campaign spot officially kicked off on May 3rd, also known as Melanoma Monday. In the style of a morning show, the sun care brand drives home its original mission statement, which is centered on getting people to wear sunscreen every day to fight skin cancer.
Although people know the importance of wearing sun care products daily, the brand chose a fun and playful way to get its message across. As Supergoop! president and CEO Amanda Baldwin describes, this was an intentional choice to "inspire and educate rather than scare or scold.”
The brand has also released “Wear Sunscreen” t-shirts, which help to support the Supergoop! MRA dermatology fellowship.
Good Morning Supergoop! Kicked Off for Skin Cancer Awareness Month
1. Skin Cancer Awareness Month Campaigns - Brands are utilizing playful and attention-grabbing campaigns to bring awareness to skin cancer prevention during the month of May.
2. Daily Sunscreen Wear - Brands are emphasizing the importance of daily sunscreen wear to prevent skin cancer and other harmful effects of sun exposure.
3. Fun and Educational Messaging - Brands are choosing to inspire and educate consumers on sunscreen use through fun and encouraging messaging instead of fear tactics.
1. Skincare Industry - The skincare industry has an opportunity to innovate by creating new and exciting ways to encourage consumers to wear sunscreen daily.
2. Advertising Industry - The advertising industry can create playful and attention-grabbing campaigns for skin cancer awareness month to promote the use of sunscreen daily.
3. Non-profit Industry - Non-profits focused on skin cancer awareness have the opportunity to partner with brands and promote campaigns and events that help to educate and inspire individuals to protect their skin from harmful sun exposure.