Gmail dark mode is the latest Google app to receive an updated dark theme, with the new partial release for Android devices. The early stages of dark mode in Android Q can be accessed on the bottom of the 'Settings' menu. Google is still making fixes with the theme, both the Gmail inbox, account switcher menu and emails have not been fitted for the theme yet. Google will continue to make fixes to the email client dark theme.
The company will also have to decide on how to treat images with respect to the dark theme, images sent over email often will not conform to a dark theme. However, the company has the same issue for its email client on the desktop, where the dark theme is available but not for the body of a message.
Image Credit: Google/Android Police
Gmail Dark Mode is Now Offered on Android Devices
1. Dark Theme Email Apps - With the increasing popularity of dark mode, email apps that offer dark themes will be in high demand by users.
2. Improved Android Dark Mode - As Google continues to improve dark mode in Android Q and its apps, developers can explore creating innovative designs and features that complement the dark theme.
3. Designing for Dark Mode - As more apps adopt dark mode, there will be a greater need for designers and developers to consider the unique challenges and opportunities of designing for a dark interface.
1. Email Services - As the popularity of dark themes increases, email services can differentiate themselves from competitors by offering attractive and functional dark themes for users.
2. Mobile App Development - Developers skilled in creating sleek and functional designs for dark mode will be highly valued as more apps adopt the popular theme.
3. UX/UI Design - As the popularity of dark mode continues to grow, UX/UI designers will need to find creative ways to optimize user experiences for both light and dark interfaces.