Pokémon GO set a new bar for location-based augmented reality mobile gaming and new apps like 'Ghostbusters World' have the potential to see the same kind of success.
While there have been countless Ghostbusters games launched over time, this new mobile app developed by Four Thirty Three gives players the opportunity to open their real-life surroundings to ghosts. With the latest augmented reality technology and the Google Maps API, Ghostbusters World lets players hunt ghosts in the real world.
The app features a new original story, as well as old favorites like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, plus the chance for players to team up for multiplayer raids and player-versus-player battles with friends. Due to the technology used to power the game, Ghostbusters World is available for select devices with iOS 8 or higher.
'Ghostbusters World' is a New Location-Based Augmented Reality Game
1. Location-based AR Gaming - Developing location-based AR gaming experiences for popular franchises like Ghostbusters presents an opportunity for immersive and interactive gameplay.
2. Augmented Reality Technology - Advancements in AR technology, as seen in Ghostbusters World, open up possibilities for creating unique and engaging gaming experiences.
3. Multiplayer AR Gaming - Introducing multiplayer features in AR gaming, like the player-versus-player battles in Ghostbusters World, creates opportunities for social engagement and competition.
1. Gaming - The gaming industry can leverage the success of location-based AR games, such as Ghostbusters World, to create innovative gaming experiences for players.
2. Augmented Reality - The AR industry can explore advancements showcased in Ghostbusters World to develop more sophisticated AR applications for various sectors and industries.
3. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can collaborate with AR game developers, like Four Thirty Three, to create immersive experiences that bridge the gap between fiction and reality.