The Ford World Headquarters building in Dearborn, Michigan is an iconic building, but one that is set to undergo a renaissance to put it in the same bracket as other modernized, forward-looking office campuses.
The new and redesigned World Headquarters facility will continue to maintain the American auto brand's "iconic image" but will make for a far more employee-friendly space thanks to the addition of improved connectivity features, walkways, covered parking areas and outdoor recreation facilities inspired by the kinds of facilities provided by many tech companies to their employees. The designs will pay heed to the WELL Building Standard, which aims to improve employee well-being through features that boost physical, mental and emotional health.
Ultimately, the new Ford World Headquarters building is part of a movement to create office architecture that boosts employee morale, productivity and health.
The New Ford World Headquarters Will Focus On Employee Well-Being
1. Enhanced-connectivity-features - The inclusion of improved connectivity features in office buildings presents a disruptive innovation opportunity to create a more seamless and efficient work environment.
2. Well-building-standard - Adopting the WELL Building Standard in office architecture offers a disruptive innovation opportunity to prioritize employee well-being and enhance productivity.
3. Tech-company-inspired-outdoor-recreation-facilities - Incorporating outdoor recreation facilities, inspired by tech companies, into office campuses opens up a disruptive innovation opportunity to improve employee morale and work-life balance.
1. Commercial-real-estate - The commercial real estate industry could embrace the trend of rejuvenating office buildings to attract and retain tenants by offering modernized and employee-friendly spaces.
2. Architecture-and-design - The architecture and design industry can leverage the adoption of the WELL Building Standard to create innovative office spaces that prioritize employee well-being and enhance productivity.
3. Corporate-wellness - The corporate wellness industry can explore the implementation of enhanced connectivity features and outdoor recreation facilities to promote employee health and improve work-life balance.