The Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam takes advantage of the flash mob craze to promote the re-opening of the museum. The famous Netherlands Gallery is set to open their doors after a very lengthy 10-year renovation.
The Museum, acting together with ING, has orchestrated an extremely elaborate flash mob at a crowded mall in Amsterdam. It recruited a team of talented actors to recreate one of the museum's most important displays, Rembrandt's 1642 iconic masterpiece 'The Night Watch.' The spectacular PR stunt featured an intense chase scene with dozens of dressed actors and even horses.
All of the spectators in the mall were in absolute shock -- they didn't have a clue as to what was going on until the end when all of the actors got together and a giant sign lowered down from the roof announcing the re-opening date of the museum.
The Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam Performs an Amazing PR Stunt
1. Flash Mob Marketing - Opportunity for businesses to create buzz and engage audiences through surprise and immersive experiences.
2. Artistic Spectacle - Utilizing creativity and artistic performances for promotional and PR purposes, capturing the attention of the public.
3. Interactive Advertising - Using interactive elements and audience participation to create memorable and shareable experiences, boosting brand awareness.
1. Museums and Galleries - Incorporating flash mobs and artistic performances to attract visitors and promote exhibitions, enhancing the overall experience.
2. Event Planning and Marketing - Offering innovative event concepts and strategies that leverage flash mobs and artistic spectacles to captivate audiences and generate buzz.
3. Advertising and PR Agencies - Developing creative campaigns that integrate interactive elements and engage consumers through memorable experiences, leading to brand recognition and customer loyalty.