The singularity of this fingerprint packaging concept is as individual as the markings that form the boxes. Intended to contain a range of products to aid a newly blind population, this tactile and visual motif of identifying impressions encourages people to explore their other sense in greater depth.
Students Christina Hsu and Pearlyn Lii came up with the idea to create a smart cane for the visually impaired, plus a peripheral collection of accessories and replacements for it. The group of products would be encased within these uniquely designed containers, complete with tactile Braille lettering, pronounced enough to be easily found and understood by all. Very simple graphics forming Intelligo fingerprint packaging are only there for those who can see.
Intelligo Living Aids Provide Support for the Newly Visually Impaired
1. Unique Fingerprint Packaging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the use of unique fingerprint packaging to enhance the accessibility and usability of products for the visually impaired.
2. Intelligo Living Aids - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop smart canes and peripheral accessories with innovative features to support the newly visually impaired population.
3. Tactile Braille Lettering - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize tactile Braille lettering on product packaging to improve accessibility and inclusivity for visually impaired individuals.
1. Smart Assistive Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine technology and innovation to create smart assistive devices and accessories for the visually impaired market.
2. Packaging Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore unique and inclusive packaging designs that cater to the specific needs of visually impaired individuals.
3. Accessibility Solutions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new solutions and products to improve accessibility and support for individuals who are newly visually impaired.