Tap is an innovative new smartphone app, currently available for download on both the iOS as well as the Android platforms, that is designed to make it easier than ever for people living in the eastern Canadian city of Halifax to find water fountains located near them so that they can take advantage of free tap water.
The problem with public fountains is that if you're unfamiliar with a part of the city, you might now know where you can locate a fountain for your hydration needs. This is where the Tap app comes in. Developed by Stephen Flynn and Mike Postma, this app helps you find water fountains while you're roaming around so that you don't have to shell out money on a plastic water bottle.
In doing so, this app helps you find water fountains so you can both save money and help the environment by avoiding needless plastic purchases.
The 'Tap' App Helps You Find Water Fountains and Avoid Buying Bottles
1. Water Fountain-locating Apps - Developing apps that locate water fountains in busy cities
2. Sustainable Drinking - Creating sustainable drinking alternatives and reducing plastic waste
3. Shared Economy - Creating a shared economy around the use of public water fountains
1. Technology - Developing innovative technologies that help locate water fountains and reduce plastic waste
2. Environmental - Creating initiatives that help reduce plastic waste, promoting sustainable drinking and a cleaner environment
3. Tourism - Integrating water fountain-locating apps into tourism strategies to promote sustainable practices and aid travelers in locating free drinking water