Compelling and, in some cases, disturbing, these pictures by Italian photographer Federico Chiesa capture a variety of intricate situations occurring within a surreal environment. Revolving around the principle of the irrational or absurd, Federico Chiesa describes a narrative through the elements within his captures. The pictures, captured in stunning high definition, all contain elements -- emotional response, environment or object -- that disrupt what could otherwise be a fairly coherent representation of reality.
Whether it's an armored knight on a surfboard or a stereo with a set of internal organs spilling out, Federico Chiesa grounds the audience in the familiar and then disrupts that by distorting a specific quality, which disrupts the interpretation and relationship to a seemingly relateable scenario or existence.
Federico Chiesa Disrupts Our Interpretation of the Familiar
1. Distorted Reality Photography - A trend in which photography uses surreal elements to disrupt the interpretation and relationship to a seemingly relatable scenario or existence.
2. Narrative-based Photography - A trend in which photography conveys a story or message through the elements within captures.
3. Irrational/absurd Photography - A trend in which photography captures intricate situations within a surreal environment.
1. Art and Photography - Distorted reality photography has the potential to disrupt traditional photography and create new ways of capturing reality.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Narrative-based photography can be used to convey a powerful message or story in advertising campaigns.
3. Film and Entertainment - Irrational/absurd photography has the potential to inspire new and unique ideas for film and entertainment industries.