Family travel can be extremely frustrating, especially when one member of the family gets separated from the rest thanks to an odd seating arrangement. However, when thinking about travel of the future, the UK's Thomson Airways has big plans to "revolutionize holiday flying."
This vision from the world's largest charter airline includes implementing family booths into its Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft, providing space for four to six people to sit facing one another around a table. Another one of Thomson Airways' missions is to appoint a member of the cabin crew to look after children as part of a kids' club that gives parents a break from constantly keeping their kids entertained on a long flight.
Another spacious seat design to be implemented in the future is a pod containing three seats, where the middle seat can be used as a drinks table as needed.
Thomson Airways Aims to Make Family Travel More Comfortable
1. Family-friendly Air Travel - Opportunity for airlines to innovate by providing family booths and designated crew members for children's entertainment during flights.
2. Customized Seating Arrangements - Opportunity to disrupt traditional seating layouts by introducing pods with multipurpose seats.
1. Airlines - Opportunity for airlines to enhance their services and attract families by implementing innovative seating solutions and dedicated crew members for children.
2. Travel and Tourism - Opportunity for travel companies to offer family-friendly flight experiences and differentiate themselves in the market by providing comfortable seating arrangements and entertainment options for children.
3. Aircraft Manufacturing - Opportunity for aircraft manufacturers to collaborate with airlines and design new cabin layouts that prioritize comfort and convenience for families.