Kraft's Super Bowl commercial was a heartwarming ad that featured real families as part of the brand's Family Greatly campaign. The ad was featured in the third quarter of the game and was a simple 30-second spot depicting adorable families and family moments. What sets this commercial apart is the way in which the photos were sourced and the real-time creation of the ad. To source the photos, Kraft began collecting photo and video submissions via Twitter and Instagram at 6AM EST and ended at 8:30PM. The photos and videos were then stitched together as the ad aired on national television.
This real and adorable commercial is another part of Kraft's larger Family Greatly campaign, which centers on the idea of imperfection. The ad is meant to celebrate parents' concerns about not being perfect, while showing how beautiful these moments of imperfection can be. The idea to use real families was done to connect better to viewers and further instills Kraft as a family-focused company.
Kraft's Ad for Its 'Family Greatly' Campaign Uses Real Family Footage
1. Family-centric Advertising - Other brands may follow Kraft's lead and begin using real families in their advertisements to further connect with viewers.
2. User-generated Content - Kraft's use of viewer-submitted photos and videos showcases the potential for other brands to incorporate user-generated content into their advertising campaigns.
3. Imperfection Celebration - The success of Kraft's Family Greatly campaign demonstrates the potential for other brands to embrace imperfection and celebrate real-life moments in their advertising.
1. Food and Beverage - Other companies in the food and beverage industry may be inspired by Kraft's use of real families in their advertising campaigns and seek to create a similar emotional connection with their audience.
2. Social Media - Social media platforms may be influenced by Kraft's campaign and seek to provide better tools and features to make it easier for brands to collect user-generated content for their advertising.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Kraft's Family Greatly campaign represents a shift in the marketing and advertising industry towards more authentic and emotional storytelling that embraces real-life imperfections and helps brands connect with viewers on a deeper level.