The online game Evony (formerly Civony) has slowly changed it’s advertising to blatant sexual misrepresentation. The images are in the reverse chronological order, degrading to the point that there is not even a hint to what the actual product is.
In case you are interested, the game is about building an empire while befriending and destroying fellow players. This is similar to Civilization or Settlers, but online. There is not sexual content (despite what the ads allude to).
Online Game Evony's Ads Deceivingly Imply Sexual Content
1. Sexual Advertising - Opportunity for companies to create more ethical and accurate advertisements that do not rely on misleading or sexual content.
2. Transparency in Marketing - Opportunity for companies to be more transparent and authentic in their advertising to avoid misleading consumers.
3. Online Gaming Ethics - Opportunity for the gaming industry to establish guidelines and regulations to prevent deceptive advertising practices.
1. Advertising - Opportunity for advertising agencies to develop innovative strategies that focus on transparency and ethical marketing practices.
2. Gaming - Opportunity for the gaming industry to prioritize responsible advertising and establish industry standards.
3. Regulatory Bodies - Opportunity for regulatory bodies to address the issue of deceptive advertising in online gaming and implement stricter guidelines.