According to the 'Equality Campaign,' an organization devoted to LGBT rights in Australia, 72 percent of the Australian population supports marriage equality. Yet it remains illegal for same sex partners to marry one another in the country, despite this overwhelming public support. To help raise awareness for this issue of equality, the Equality Campaign has partnered with Ben & Jerry's for a new campaign focused on something everybody can get behind: ice cream.
No matter your sex, gender, or sexuality, we all scream for ice scream. As such, Ben & Jerry's is using the popularity of its product to raise awareness for marriage equality in Australia. To highlight the flaw in the current policy, Ben & Jerry's is banning consumers from getting two scoops of the same flavor of ice cream in the same cone.
Ben & Jerry's New Promotion Supports Australia's Equality Campaign
1. Marriage Equality Awareness - Ben & Jerry's promotion highlights the need for marriage equality in Australia through the power of ice cream.
2. Supporting LGBT Rights - Collaboration between organizations and businesses, like Ben & Jerry's, can raise awareness and support for LGBT rights.
3. Corporate Activism - Brands using their platform and products to advocate for social issues can engage consumers and make a positive impact.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies have the opportunity to support social causes and promote awareness through their products.
2. Retail - Retailers can align their brands with social issues to attract and engage a wider customer base.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can develop creative campaigns that promote social equality and drive positive change.