With a mission to educate young girls in STEM, the educational toy for kids 'Raina to the Rescue' was created. This toy takes a hands-on approach to learning, making use of "21st century learning, active learning and role modeling" to bring math and science into play for girls between the ages of six and 10.
During the research process for the creation of this toy, the creators discovered that many young girls quickly develop strong reading and verbal skills and enjoy historical lessons such as the ones taught by American Girl dolls. As such, the toy was developed to make the most of these strengths.
As announced through an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, all Raina to the Rescue toys will combines a story with a hands-on activity. The first kit takes girls on a journey to help to mend the leg of a wounded horse by making notes, taking an X-ray and creating a cast for the animal.
'Raina to the Rescue' is a Hands-On Educational Toy for Kids
1. Hands-on Learning - The educational kit market can benefit from a trend towards hands-on learning experiences, disrupting traditional classroom education.
2. STEM Education for Girls - There is an opportunity for disruption in the education industry by creating products that promote STEM education for girls.
3. Combining Storytelling and Learning - Combining storytelling with interactive learning can create a more engaging educational experience for children.
1. Educational Toy - The educational toy industry could benefit from offering more products that promote STEM education designed specifically for girls.
2. Children's Book Industry - There is an opportunity for the children's book industry to expand into educational activity kits that promote learning in a fun way.
3. Edtech Industry - The demand for innovative tools and educational technology to complement traditional classroom education can create an opportunity for the edtech industry to create hands-on learning experiences.