There is a common misconception that visual symmetry is one of the cheif ingredients of beauty, but the Echoism iPhone app helps people put that theory to the test for themselves.
The Echoism iPhone app takes a picture of your face using your phone's camera, and then splits it into a left and right half. Then the app creates two portraits by mirroring these two halves of your appearance to show you what you would look like if your face were symmetrically matched.
The Echoism iPhone App Reimagines a More Symmetrical You
1. Symmetrical Imaging - Apps that create symmetrical images of an individual's face via mirroring present opportunities for creating new imaging tools for personal use and beyond.
2. Self-image Optimization - Symmetry as a tool for self-discovery could be expanded to address more needs and create more personalized and data-driven user experiences.
3. Object Recognition Technology - Development of symmetry-based image recognition technologies can be used beyond facial recognition for product development and quality control.
1. Mobile App Development - Mobile app developers can capitalize on the trend of symmetrical photography apps to create more advanced and personalized apps for self-discovery and custom image needs.
2. Beauty Industry - This symmetrical imaging trend can be leveraged by the beauty industry to help customers find their ideal look or assess the efficacy of their beauty rituals.
3. Manufacturing Industry - Symmetry-based object recognition technologies can revolutionize the manufacturing industry by improving quality control and ensuring product consistency and symmetry.