With the saturation of over-sexualized and provocative ads in the media these days, it is actually refreshing to see this fun and stylishly cool ad campaign from famous condom brand Durex. The campaign is a fun play on the 'no pun intended' phrases and images we usually joke around with our mates. A cock (male chicken), bone (boner), beaver, billiard balls going in the hole, cherry, wiener sausage, hands presenting you with a head (giving head), pearl necklace.... The video comes with a soothing fun soundtrack that adds another dimension of cool. The video was directed by Sergi Sanchez who also did the print ad illustrations for McCann Erickson Advertising Agency, Milan, Italy.
Durex: Whatever is On Your Mind
1. Clean Ad Campaigns - An opportunity exists for companies to create clean ad campaigns in industries notorious for provocative content.
2. Pun-based Advertising - Companies can take advantage of the fun and playful nature of puns to create advertising campaigns that grab attention and stand out amongst competitors.
3. Soundtrack-driven Advertising - Using a well-crafted soundtrack can create a more immersive and emotionally impactful advertising experience for viewers.
1. Intimacy Products - Intimacy product companies can embrace clean advertising campaigns to distinguish themselves amongst their more provocative competitors.
2. Nightlife - Nightlife establishments can play with pun-based advertising campaigns to convey a fun and cheeky vibe to potential patrons.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can explore the use of soundtracks in their campaigns to create a more engaging experience for viewers.