Cocoburg is on a mission to prove that in addition to being delicious when eaten fresh, dried coconut meat also makes a satisfying snack. What's most significant about this coconut snack is that it's branded as the world's first "raw vegan jerky." This means that the coconut meat is dehydrated with minimal heating and in place of honey, the only sweetener used is made from coconut sap.
Following a successful crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter, Cocoburg now produces plant-based jerky snack in two types: Ginger Teriyaki and Chili Lime.
In addition to Cocoburg, there are other companies that are beginning to create dried fruit snacks from banana and watermelon and brand them as "jerky" as well. Considering that many consumers are attempting to improve their snacking habits, products like these make it easy to make a simple substitution.
Cocoburg's Dried Coconut Meat Snacks are Branded as Raw Vegan Jerky
1. Plant-based Jerky Snacks - The rise of plant-based jerky snacks presents an opportunity for innovative companies to explore new flavor profiles and ingredients to cater to a growing base of health-conscious consumers.
2. Alternative Fruit Jerky - The development of alternative fruit jerky, such as banana and watermelon, provides a disruptive opportunity for companies to tap into the trend of healthy snacking with unique and unexpected flavors.
3. Raw Vegan Snacks - The emergence of raw vegan snacks, like Cocoburg's dried coconut meat, opens up possibilities for businesses to experiment with innovative production techniques and introduce creative plant-based options to the market.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can capitalize on the trend of coconut-based jerky by developing new products that incorporate innovative plant-based ingredients and offer healthier snacking options for consumers.
2. Snack Industry - The snack industry has the opportunity to expand its offerings by embracing the concept of fruit-based jerky snacks, using different fruits to create unique and flavorful alternatives to traditional meat-based jerky.
3. Health and Wellness - The health and wellness industry can leverage the rise of raw vegan snacks and plant-based jerky to provide consumers with nutritious and guilt-free snack options that align with their dietary preferences and lifestyle choices.