In an effort to raise the standard of living and to support global communities that have been torn by devastating weather events, ShelterBox Canada attempts to boost awareness and funds with a disaster relief fundraiser.
The campaign is kickstarted by the Toronto-based charity in response to Cyclone Idai — a weather event that disrupted Southern Africa and displaced over 128,000 people by inflicting severe damages to their homes and communities. The initative urges Canadians to chime in and help support those in need. A GoFundMe disaster relief fundraiser is launched in the hopes of raising funds for emergency shelters and supplies for the families that are suffering the consequences of Cyclone Idai. The money will go toward purchasing family-sized tents, ShelterKits, 1,000 liters of clean drinking water and solar lights.
ShelterBox Canada Launches a GoFundMe for Southern Africa
1. Disaster Relief Fundraisers - Opportunity for businesses to create innovative fundraising platforms to support communities affected by natural disasters.
2. Emergency Shelter Solutions - Potential for disruptive innovation in creating more efficient and sustainable emergency shelters for displaced families.
3. Clean Water and Energy Solutions - Opportunity for developing innovative technologies that provide clean drinking water and sustainable energy in disaster-stricken areas.
1. Charity and Non-profit - Charitable organizations can explore innovative ways to raise awareness and funds for disaster relief efforts.
2. Construction and Architecture - Industry players can focus on developing advanced emergency shelter solutions that are quick to deploy and environment-friendly.
3. Renewable Energy and Water Filtration - Companies specializing in renewable energy and water filtration can provide sustainable solutions for disaster-stricken areas.