These DIRECTTV social media ads are geared towards the new generation of social networking individuals who typically watch many of their shows and movies online -- many times, illegally.
Playing upon their social media obsession, advertising agency Euro Rscg of Santiago, Chile, attempts to bridge the gap between the online generation and the fading influence of television. By remixing the logos of popular sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google, Euro Rscg makes tech-savvy teens do a double take. The Facebook logo is now "Scarfacebook," Twitter is "Twister" (still written in iconic blue bubble letters) and lastly, Google is "Googlee," which alludes to the ever-so-popular show Glee.
The general creative director Rodrigo Bravo and the creative director Sebastián Salinas definitely hit the nail on the head when targeting a younger demographic with these DIRECTTV social media ads.
These DIRECTTV Social Media Ads Appeal to the Tech-Savvy
1. Streaming Television - DIRECTTV's social media ads targeting online viewers creates opportunity for further marketing campaigns promoting streaming television platforms.
2. Social Media Marketing - Euro Rscg's remixing of popular social media logos creates opportunity for other companies to create similar eye-catching social media marketing campaigns.
3. Youth Marketing - DIRECTTV's social media ads appeal to a younger demographic, signifying the potential for companies to market their products and services towards younger generations, who are typically more tech-savvy and online-focused.
1. Television Service Providers - DIRECTTV's social media ads sheds light on the potential for television service providers to shift their focus towards online streaming services.
2. Advertising Agencies - Euro Rscg's innovative approach in creating the DIRECTTV social media ads creates opportunities for other advertising agencies to develop new and innovative ways of creating marketing campaigns that appeal to younger audiences.
3. Technology Companies - The success of the DIRECTTV social media ads serves as an opportunity for technology companies to further integrate their products and services into social media platforms.