Digital Skins shows us just how digitally reliant the world is becoming. So much so that individuals are looking for ways to show our true virtual identities, even if they aren't as unique as fingerprints quite yet. Of course, since this is the first of its kind, that shouldn't come as a surprise.
Created by designer Jenny Lee in collaboration with creative services agency Holition, Digital Skins are seen using AR (Augmented Reality) Bionic Contact Lens. These lenses allow people to see the real world with with superimposed data and graphics over their visual field. These data and graphics include Digital Skins, which a consumer selects in a Couture Lab. Inspired by morphogenesis and mineral crystalisation processes, Digital Skins are a series of radical non-human masks that question whether or not we would choose to look human if we could redesign ourselves.
Jenny Lee's Digital Skins Shows an Individual's True Virtual Identity
1. Virtual Identity Display - Digital Skins highlights the trend of individuals seeking to display their virtual identities through unique digital masks.
2. Augmented Reality Fashion - The use of AR Bionic Contact Lenses and Digital Skins presents a disruptive innovation opportunity in the fashion industry to create entirely new augmented reality fashion experiences.
3. Non-human Design - With the inspiration for Digital Skins coming from non-human morphogenesis and mineral crystalisation processes, the trend of non-human design presents an opportunity for innovation in industries such as product design and architecture.
1. Fashion - The Digital Skins product presents an opportunity for the fashion industry to capitalize on creating augmented reality accessories and clothing that can transform a person’s appearance.
2. Technology - Augmented Reality is an ever-growing industry with expanding usage cases, and Digital Skins present an opportunity to capitalize on unique AR experiences for advertisement, entertainment and other sectors.
3. Art and Design - Digital Skins show a unique blend of art and technology that can be utilized for art exhibitions or immersive experiences to attract and engage a new audience.