Bloxels is a digital board game with a unique premise: players are also game designers. The video game building system involves a physical game board and blocks, which are arranged to dictate what will show up on the screen of a tablet. During setup, colored blocks are used to indicate enemies, barriers, entrances and exits, as well as items that will be desirable for players to pick up.
Although creating your own game from scratch would normally require a knowledge of coding and programming, Bloxels takes care of that for you. With the accompanying B.R.A.V.E Squad mobile app, the experience transforms into more of a story about heroes and villains versus colored blocks that you simply want to get from the start to the finish of a board.
Bloxels' Digital Board Game Lets Kids Create Their Own Challenges
1. Digital Board Games - There is an opportunity for game developers to create more digital board games that combine physical components with digital interactivity.
2. User-generated Content - The trend of empowering users to create their own content within games is on the rise, opening opportunities for innovative game creation tools.
3. Simplified Game Development - The demand for user-friendly game development platforms like Bloxels highlights the need for simplified tools that remove the technical barriers to entry.
1. Gaming - The gaming industry can capitalize on the trend of user-generated content by creating platforms that facilitate easy game creation and sharing.
2. Edtech - The education technology industry can incorporate digital board games like Bloxels into their learning platforms to enhance student engagement and creativity.
3. Toy and Game - The toy and game industry can leverage the combination of physical and digital play experiences by developing more interactive board games that integrate with mobile devices.